Penile enlargement surgeries have been gaining popularity lately. According to world statistics, 80–85% of the strong half of humanity have certain problems associated with a small penis size.
In order to take such a risky step, a man must know in advance everything about all the advantages and disadvantages of methods of correcting the genital organ and be patient before the operation.
Indications for penis enlargement operations
The problem is of a psychological nature, and the doctor will first of all try to dissuade a man from this kind of intervention in any way.
The indications are divided into 3 groups:
|Indications for surgery||What diseases is performed|
|Medical||micropenis, hypospadias (anomaly in the development of the penis), consequences of trauma, congenital malformation of the urethra, thickening of organ tissues, curvature of the penis due to fibrotic changes (Peyronie's disease)|
|Functional||membranous penis, large amount of subcutaneous fat, hidden penis, buried penis|
|Aesthetic||penile dysmorphic disorder (dissatisfaction with the size, shape, appearance of the penis).|
Reasons why the operation is contraindicated:
- inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary system;
- age under 18;
- poor blood clotting;
- the presence of diseases identified after the survey;
- sexually transmitted diseases;
- visible open wounds on the genitals;
- tumor neoplasms;
- mental disorders.
Penis lengthening correction methods
Before the operation, it is necessary for the surgeon to study the structural features of the organ, and if all indicators are normal, he proceeds to further manipulations. In the evening, the day before the operation, a cleansing enema is performed. In the morning, before the upcoming correction, you should stop eating and drinking.
Augmentation operations are subdivided into 2 directions:
- surgical interventions to increase the length of the penis;
- measures to increase the volume of the penis.
Increasing the length of the penis
After operations by any of the methods, it is necessary to refrain from sexual intercourse, physical activity, going to the sauna, to stop drinking alcohol and smoking. One of the corrections for penis lengthening is ligamentotomy. The purpose of this operation is to cut the ligament that anchors the inside of the penis by the pelvic bones. Ligamentotomy is necessary in order to improve the results of organ enlargement after wearing an extender - a device that fixes the penis in a certain position and distributes it in length.
Ligamentotomy is an auxiliary manipulation, without further use of the extender it loses its meaning.
Operational access can be:
- through the scrotum;
The surgeon makes an incision in the scrotum or pubis, depending on the operative access. Then the ligament is incised and the penis is pulled out, giving it the desired length, and fixed in the correct position. There is an improved method of surgery using the patient's adipose tissue. The free space under the ligament is filled with fat, and the blood supply in the area of the postoperative wound is improved. This leads to faster healing and recovery of the patient.
After the operation, it is mandatory to use an extender. Wearing the device should be started from 2 hours a day, gradually increasing the time of use to 6 hours, within 3-6 months.
Particular attention must be paid to wearing underwear while using the extender. Briefs and trousers must be loose. Sexual rest is required during the first week after surgery.
Increase in volume
The challenge in penile enlargement surgery is to create an additional layer between the skin and the corpora cavernosa. Depending on the implanted material, the following operations are distinguished:
- lipofilling - the introduction of the patient's fat under the skin of the penis;
- microsurgical muscle transplantation - transplantation of the patient's tissue into the subcutaneous space of the penis;
- falloprosthetics - the use of special prostheses in order to restore the erectile function of the organ.
In such an operation, adipose tissue is pumped out and treated with special substances, then injected into the subcutaneous area of the penis. In the process, if there is no rejection of fat cells or other inflammatory changes, new tissue becomes part of the penis. After the operation, the volume of the organ will increase by 2 cm. For a month after discharge, it is recommended to exclude sexual intercourse.
Microsurgical Muscle Transplant
Microsurgical muscle transplantation is an expensive innovation in penile enlargement. The operation is performed under general anesthesia and takes about 3 hours. The surgeon makes an incision in the organ in a circle and pulls it down like a sock. Then he preliminarily cuts off small areas of skin taken from the abdominal region. A penis is wrapped with a flap of skin, the foreskin is put on its place and sutures are applied. The volume of the enlarged organ after the operation is 4 cm. The patient is in the ward for the first 5 days. Painful sensations can persist for another 15 days after surgery, so you need to monitor your general well-being.
It is performed strictly according to medical indications and is used in situations where a man has a penile injury or is unable to have sexual contact. And also the operative method is used when changing sex. The operation is performed under general anesthesia. Removal of cavernous bodies is performed by bougienage and the introduction of semi-rigid prostheses. For 2- or 3-piece prostheses, an incision is made in the scrotum and a pump is inserted. When installing an inflatable implant, an incision is made in the lower abdominal region and the reservoir is placed behind the pubic bone.
A positive effect after surgery can be obtained by fulfilling the following requirements:
- strict bed rest for the first 2 days;
- compulsory oral antibiotics for 5 days;
- inpatient treatment for 4 days, in the absence of contraindications, rehabilitation is prescribed at home;
- refusal of sexual intercourse for 7 weeks;
- after the resumption of sexual intercourse, you should consult a doctor for further recommendations.
The risks of possible complications may increase if mistakes were made during surgery or if the man did not properly treat the recommendations during the recovery and rehabilitation period.
There are 2 groups of complications: nonspecific and specific.
- intestinal paresis with transperitoneal access;
- pulmonary embolism;
- complications after anesthesia - headache in SMA.
- necrosis of the material obtained;
- changes in erectile function;
- curvature of the penis;
- violation of the angle of erection;
- uneven resorption of fat mass.
Pros and cons of operations
Each of the methods of surgical penis enlargement has both positive and negative sides.
Pros of ligamentotomy:
- nothing is implanted into the skin compared to falloprosthetics;
- during the rehabilitation period, you need to wear an extender, which will not cause discomfort to a man;
- in most cases, the outcome is positive.
Cons: Incorrect wearing and application of the extender will lead to negative results during the rehabilitation period.
With lipofilling, the advantages are:
- the use of adipose tissue of the person himself;
- a small percentage of donor material rejection.
- in the process, the fat cells are absorbed, the procedure should be repeated 3-4 times every six months;
- the use of synthetic components that can lead to inflammatory processes.
The advantages of microsurgical muscle transplantation are:
- the skin takes root well;
- slower resorption of fat cells compared to lipofilling;
- quick and visible effect after surgery.
Negative factors include:
- due to a violation of the blood supply, there may be a possibility of rejection of the transplanted tissue;
- soreness for the first 2-3 weeks.
The advantages of falloprosthetics are:
- the ability to restore the sexual function of the organ;
- the ability to lead an active sex life.
- is a great injury to the patient's life;
- inability to perform surgery if chronic diseases are present;
- a significant increase in the negative result with previously conducted vascular operations on the penis.
When carrying out surgical interventions to increase the penis, first of all, you should choose the right clinic, a highly qualified specialist and familiarize yourself with the necessary information regarding the chosen method.